There are certain customer service skills that every employee must master whatever their role within the organisation. Without them, you run the risk of finding your business in an embarrassing customer service train-wreck, or you’ll simply lose customers as your service continues to let people down.
Let us have a look at the 7 most needed skills for any employee to master and ensure you deliver a customer centric service:
- Patience: Make sure that your employees are patient enough to deal with confused, frustrated or demanding customers. Your employees should be able to take the time to truly figure out what your customers want, understand how they are feeling.
- Attentiveness: The ability to really listen to customers is so crucial for providing great service. Keep in mind that it is very important for your employees to pay attention to individual customer experience but also that they are also receptive to customer feedback.
- Knowledge of the product: The best employees in your company will work on having a deep knowledge of how your products/services work. Without knowing your product/service from front to back, they will not know how to help your customers when they run into problems.
- Ability to use positive language: Language is a very important part of encouragement, and with people especially customers it creates observations about you and the company based on the language that your employees use. Your employees’ positive attitude can greatly affect how the customer hears and sees your company.
- Empathy: The ability to understand and share the feeling of another is more of a character trait than a skill. Empathy can be learned and improved upon, even when employees cannot tell the customer exactly what they want to hear; however, a dose of care, concern and understanding will go a long way.
- Closing Ability: Being able to close with a customer means being able to end a conversation with confirmed customer satisfaction and with the customer feeling that everything has been taken care of. Be sure that your employees take the time to confirm with customers that each and every issue they had on desk has been resolved.
- Tenacity: A great work ethic and a willingness to do what needs to be done is a key skill when providing the kind of service that people talk about. Remember that customers are people too, and knowing that your employees have put in the extra effort will come back to your organisation ten-fold.
Are you after a remarkable customer service but do not have the resources of skilled people, or lack the time to train your employees? Centrecom is your answer! Ready to talk? Get in touch!